Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Let's Talk Clean Here

Happy Wednesday.  For me, part of homemaking by design is keeping things clean.  I try to do as much as I can naturally without added chemicals.  I use to make my own laudry soap and it wasn't that hard.  Then, I found a safe, environmentally clean detergent that had Tea Tree oil as it's base.
I've used that for about 8 years and am very pleased.

Almost 17 years ago, I learned about a company called Miracle II.  I use the regular Miracle Soap as the base for my cleaning supplies and Miracle Soap with moisturizers for our baths and showers.  It is a mineral complex with added organics.  Let me say also, that I get nothing from this company for sharing this with you.  I am just sharing what I use and have used for years and how I use it.

First, I'll show you the moisturizing soap.  We use nylon "spongees" and put some on them, lather it up, and shower or bathe.


An added benefit with the soap is that after a bath, you can take your spongee and go around the tub and there is never any soap ring.  I literally have not cleaned my tub in years.  I go over it occasionally with the cleaning solution below because the essential oils disinfect but as far as using something to scrub, there is no need.  And I am a clean-freak.  And I like things as near perfect as I can get them.  So, literally, you would not have to clean your tub.


The tub is shiny and sparkles without any cleaning.  Truth!


For my cleaning, again, I use the  regular Miracle soap.  I take a large spray bottle and fill with water.
Distilled water would be ideal but I usually don't have any around.  Essential oils come next.  I use Tea Tree oil (15 drops), Thieves essential oil from Young Living (25 drops), and a few drops of Lemon oil. There are many essential oils that can be used to disinfect.  These are my favorites and the ones I feel like do the best job for me.  I add Miracle II until I get it the color I want.  I try not to add too much and make things too soapy but add enough to fell like it cleans.  The essential oils are the disinfecting agents in your cleaner so never worry about disinfecting.  You can use the Miracle II on anything water will not hurt.


When I  need some scouring done, I use baking soda along with my cleaner.  If I had something really tough I would add some borax.
Here are links to products.  The Miracle II products I order from missdaisyshealth.com.  You can find these products in a health food store but I promise you Miss Daisy's Health has MUCH lower prices on them.  My order usually arrives in 3 days.  The oils are from Young Living.  You can ask me how to become a distributor so you can get them at 24% off.  I think Thieves essential oil blend is the absolute best oil you can use to disinfect your home.  Of course, we also apply it to the bottom of our feet to ward off infections or to address infections we might have acquired.  If you aren't familiar with essential oils that sounds crazy, I know, but trust me it works and is safe.  For 20 years, essential oils have been my best friends when keeping my family healthy.  And clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment